May He Rest In Peace

Monday, February 9, 2009

A while back I posted about our 8 year old friend who was battling a "brain bump". The journey his family has been on was inspiring to us all. I'm so sad to report that "Kylie Wiley" went to his heavenly home on Saturday morning. I've been reading the posts on his blog and am amazed at the impact this young boy had on our community and around the world. As of this afternoon there were 138 comments left for his family. Aside from the general condolences and offers of continued prayer, 90% of them made reference to how his life changed theirs. Isn't that what we all hope for? Isn't that what we want said about us when we are gone?

I don't think there is anything more sobering than seeing a life cut short--way too short. We all say "I can't imagine going through...."(you fill in the blank). Yet I've come to believe that God doesn't give us what we need until the moment in which we so desperately need it. I'm sure Kyle's parents never could have imagined saying goodbye to their precious son after eight brief years. Yet if you read Christin's journal entries or blog posts you can see where God gave her the grace and strength she needed exactly when it was necessary. I know she will need it more than ever in the coming days and beyond. Please pray for this precious family that they will receive exceedingly more than they could ever ask for.

A Seattle P.I. sports reporter wrote a beautifully heartfelt article about Kyle's story in yesterday's paper. Click here to read it.

Goodbye sweet Kyle. You are healed, precious one.

COMMENTS: »