Two down, four to go

Monday, July 5, 2010

I know that times flies even faster as we get older but I just can't fathom that one-third of my first quarter is already behind me. So far so good. I barely slept a wink the night before, got to campus 45 minutes before class started, the meters were out of order at the first parking lot and the meters were only taking cash at the second parking lot (I had spent my last $1.50 on coffee) At this point it was 7:47 so I parked on the street and hoofed it to campus and, of course, my class was on the fourth floor of the building. I sat down at the desk promptly at 8:05. Based on the professor's welcoming smile and quick forgiveness of my apology I breathed a sigh of relief. As I listened to her read the syllabus and witnessed her easy going nature I determined this was the perfect scenario for "getting my feet wet".

There are 10 of us and I am much closer to professor's age than that of my classmates. I expected that but actually sitting in the classroom and looking around was quite sobering. Surprisingly, I have felt quite comfortable and freely participate in class discussions without feeling like a complete idiot. In fact I discovered that this girl still has some smarts......here is my first assignment below. I know I'm a total dork to post this but you have to understand that I only saw this particular grade TWICE in my entire college career. More on that later. Oh, the mid-term is take home and the final is OPEN BOOK. I think I'm going to like this "going back to school thing."

1 Comment »

One Response to “Two down, four to go”

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

You are awesome and so not a dork to post that! I always went for the A too... LOL I bet that surprises you, huh?