Grease is the Word

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just in case you were wondering, "Grease" is the best movie ever made. Ever. There has never been a better movie before it. There has not been a better movie since. And there never will be. I have watched it at least once a year since it came out on DVD. I saw it on Broadway. I faithfully watched the reality show a couple years ago where they searched for the next Danny & Sandy to star in the Broadway revival. Believe me, if I could carry a tune and/or dance and subtract 15 years off my age, I would have been camped out in New York City waiting for my turn to wow the judges. My girlfriends knew what a nut I was about it that they threw me a Grease themed fortieth birthday party.

So back in May when I first heard about the "Grease Sing-Along" coming to select theaters this summer, I immediately contacted my high school BFF (she might love it even more than me --if that's possible) and we secured our tickets for last weekend's screening. We had the time of our lives. We did the second showing at 9:45 and the theater was only 1/4 full. It didn't matter to us. We belted our hearts out along with Danny, Sandy, the T-Birds, the Pink Ladies and the single guy (who had to be a closet "Grease" fan sitting at the end of our row. ) I'm telling ya, I was born in the wrong decade. Long live Rydell!


Teri and her sister, Needa.

Lacey and I donned our best Pink Ladies outfits. There's a story behind those scarfs.

We tried to get the manager to let us have this cardboard cut out but he was adamant that 3 others before us requested it. In retaliation, we made him take about 20 pictures of us in various poses. He still wouldn't budge.



We won the "best dressed costume contest" and got these lovely t-shirts. Never mind that we had virtually no competition.



Oh Danny!




COMMENTS: »