Redefining Success

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I am stealing a post here today--on the Sabbath, no less. My favorite part of blogging is stumbling on to the writings of fellow bloggers out in "Blog Land". Through one of my blogger "friends" I found Matt Chandler and The Village Church in Flower Mound, Texas. My "friend" regularly raves about Matt's podcasts and so I decided to check him out. Shortly after I discovered Matt, a malignant tumor was discovered in his brain. Naturally he is praying for healing but an even greater desire of his heart is, as he said, "that he might suffer well." Can you imagine saying that? Even a couple of years ago I can't. Using suffer and well in the same sentence seems contradictory. Instead of wondering "why me?" his response has been "Why not me? Why not you?" I have so much more to say about this but for now I wanted to share the latest entry I read on Village Church's blog. This guy so eloquently describes the struggle we all face living in a culture of affluence and abundance.

I have never clicked on a "share" button on someone else's blog and transferred it to mine--and have it actually work. But this time it did so I think it's a sign I'm supposed to pass this on!

Redefining Success

COMMENTS: »