First day of school--again

Friday, November 13, 2009

At the risk of being pegged a "middle school peaker" who is living vicariously through her 12 year old, this is my last post on the fire. Well, at least this week. My enthusiasm really does not come from a long standing need to repeat those adolescent years. (Although I am one of the rare adults who does look back fondly on sixth through eighth grade.) I just continue to be touched and moved by the overflow of kindness of this community and want to share it with everyone I know.

The above video is from yesterday morning. The seventh grade class arrived at their new home: another middle school across town. To witness the way these students greeted the newcomers will bring tears to your eyes.

Be warned that you might want to turn down the volume. These are teenagers after all and the shrill is a little overpowering. But I couldn't mute it either because the effect of the decibels only adds to the experience. I hope it makes you feel like you were there.

2 Comments »

2 Responses to “First day of school--again”

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh I do love that middle school age. It's my all time favorite!

Mel-Beth said...

WOW! How amazing is that! Fairhaven really did a great job of welcoming the Whatcom kids! Thanks for sharing!