Days 17-19

Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 17 (9/29): This was my husband's day. I was greeted in the morning with a fresh, hot Starbucks just the way I like it: tall coffee of the day with an inch of steamed breve (cream). He also brought back a bouquet of flowers, a Starbucks gift card and a sweet card. That evening we went out to dinner and he gave me another card describing my "Ultimate Gift". For the coming week I am relieved of all my daily household responsibilities. This means no cooking, cleaning. laundry. errands or taking care of the kids for 7 straight days. I don't quite know what to do with myself. It's amazing how natural it is to constantly pick up, straighten up and clean without evening thinking about it. I think I could get used to this.
Day 18 (9/30): Aunt Nancy (Trey's dad's sister) sent a package with some darling Halloween decorations and a cookbook called "Cooking with Wine". Someone decorated the front porch with yellow and black caution tape that said "40 year old party scene". I think she must have sent that too. No one is confessing.
Day 19 (10/1): My friend and faithful walking buddy, Rene had planned to do something for me this morning during our 6 a.m. walk but I bailed on her and ruined it. After the kids went to school, she brought me all the makings for a "perfect cup of coffee" along with a fresh cup of joe. In the gift bag was a half pound of Starbucks Cafe Verona, an individual french press, chocolate covered carmels and a coffee scoop. And in case I mess it up, she included a Starbucks gift card. Oh, and a funny book about Southern Belle's. I just might have to put my feet up, read my book, enjoy some good brewed bean and watch my house husband work his tail off.

1 Comment »

One Response to “Days 17-19”

our little acorns said...

oh, Dana, I am laughing out loud....at the end of this week, Trey is going to be EXHAUSTED....or your house is going to be VERY messy! :)