Thankful

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This morning I received a text from my friend Katie giving me an update on a situation we were praying about yesterday.  She is such a prayer warrior and one of the first people I think of contacting when I am in crisis.  (I'm sure she appreciates that title.)  I love that part of our friendship that has spanned the last 20+ years.  When I wrote her back, I suggested we list those things we are thankful for and share them with each other.  When we are in the midst of crisis, it's so easy to lose sight of those things.  Within minutes of my suggestion, I got 3 texts filled with all the blessings Katie is counting and holding onto while she waits for answers.  I was so encouraged.  I sat in Target parking lot this morning and sent my list back to her.  As I was driving home, I thought "I should post this on Facebook or my blog."  So here's what I have so far.........


  • No matter what our financial state is, we have always been blessed with a great vacation every single year for the last 20 years. 
  • A relentless hope that buoys me in the midst of the storms.
  • The resources for my boys to be able to enjoy soccer, mountain biking, snowboarding and skiing.
  • Our parents are still healthy as they age.
  • A faithful mentor that loves me unconditionally, constantly affirms me and challenges me in my walk with God.
  • Deep, lasting friendships.
  • Health and energy to be active and enjoy life.
  • A husband that fathers intentionally and dies to himself to provide his family's needs (and wants.)
  • A home and property that blesses my family and my community.
What's on your list????  There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

1 Comment »

One Response to “Thankful”

Bham2Sisters said...

Dana,

I don't know what you are going through right now, but I just want to say that you are in my prayers. I understand completely when you talk about being comfortable and the blows keep coming. We don't know when the blows are going to stop for us either, and sometimes you feel like literally running away. I am the same way as you and I have completely retreated, and I apologize, I probably have not been the best of friends to anyone this past year! Please hang in there, and yes, there is always something to be grateful for. Enjoy this beautiful weekend. Hugs to you, and miss chatting with you!

Mimi