Ben's Birthday Ballapalooza

Monday, October 19, 2009

Even though his actual birthday isn't for another 9 days, we decided to play it safe and have Ben's friend party today. My kids only get a party on their even years. After today I am patting myself on the back for making that decision many birthdays ago. I can't imagine doing this three times a year. Especially when all three boys' special days fall within a four month time period--intertwined with all the major holidays.


Because the "friend party" only occurs every two years, the planning tends to begin 364 days prior to the big event. Ben's wish list ran the gamut of soccer , a bouncy house, ice skating, swimming and everything inbetween. With a good bit of prodding from me, we agreed on a "Ballapalooza" party. Keeping ten boys occupied for two hours --and not spending


I recruited the big brothers and two of Quinn's friends to assist me. Each one wore a jersey and a whistle and ran the game of their expertise in 20 minute increments. It was worth the price of admission.



"Team Green" prepares their offensive plan



The black team has total confidence in their defense. Look how relaxed they are.

So this is supposed to be cupcakes in the shape of a football. Hmmm. Looks more like a baseball mitt to me. Clearly the decorator was not a sports fan.


Do you really think it's possible for 15 boys to all look at the camera simultaneously?



COMMENTS: »