Happy Anniversary to.....me?

Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 1, 1992
Seventeen years ago today we said "I Do". For fifteen of our anniversaries we've managed to escape out of town for an overnight celebration. Don't ask me why, but I'm a stickler for celebrating special occasions on the actual date. This year we broke with tradition. Big time. Not only was there no getaway but we weren't even together. Sigh. Don't worry. Everything is just fine. But my hubby needed an escape of his own. He was in desperate of need of filling his own soul and not having it involve a wife or kids. So my anniversary gift to him was a "kitchen pass" to join his friend Mark in a sailing race from Vancouver Island to the San Juans from Thursday to Monday. It was one of those "once in a blue moon" opportunities that I couldn't let him pass up.
All was not lost though. He was able to call me internationally from the boat but had Quinn give me a very sweet anniversary card from him. Planning ahead and doing that was gift enough. But then I walked out the door yesterday morning and was met with a dozen red roses on the doorstep. What a guy.
Here's to 33 more!!

1 Comment »

One Response to “Happy Anniversary to.....me?”

lacey said...

Happy Anniversary, my dear friend!!