SURPRISE

Monday, May 5, 2008

Walking in to "Jackie's party"
Oh, my this is for me???
Overwhelmed.
I'm going to kill you!!


So just when Trey thought his birthday celebrations were all behind him, I was (barely) able to pull off an amazing coup and surprise him with a party celebrating his four decades.

The party itself wasn't the only shock. Many friends and relatives came from near and far and those who couldn't be with us sent their wishes via video. Gotta love this technological age.

This was no small feat considering that he works from home and for the past two months was around ALL THE TIME. He did say I was acting rather peculiar for the past few weeks. He heard me talking in hushed tones and quickly minimizing my computer screen when he passed by. Guys can be so clueless--that trait can come in handy in situations like these. (I mean that "clueless" part in the nicest possible way) I, on the other hand, would have been so suspicious, reading into EVERYTHING and probably been digging through the computer and eavesdropping like crazy.

Here's to the next 40!!

COMMENTS: »