First Day of School

Monday, September 10, 2007

It's official. Our elementary school will never be the same. All three of my boys are now roaming the halls together for only this year. My baby started Kindergarten last Friday and it was truly bittersweet.
On the one hand I am thrilled to have four hours a day at my disposal. For the first time in nine years I don't have to drive anyone to preschool or pay tuition. This newfound freedom is an exciting prospect. But then I also get nostalgic and wander down the path of " If I knew it was going to pass so quickly, I wouldn't have wished those days away." Six years ago, when my oldest child entered school, I was told by a dad, "Watch. You blink and 12 years will go by." I also remember saying "When all my children are in school, I'll be 40" That seemed so far away and yet here we are. YIKES!

COMMENTS: »