Unimaginable

Sunday, April 21, 2013



I have such a longing for my posts to be brimming with hope, joy and a positive outlook.  I try to be a "glass is half full" person as much as possible.  I've noticed that when I'm not feeling overly optimistic or hopeful, I withdraw--from people, from connection, and from my own family.  And I am silent in most areas of life.  Those who know me well, know when something is up because of my silence.  I'm pretty predictable that way.  But, in an effort to be authentic, I am getting on here and sharing my heart in spite of my desire to hide.

I am in one of those seasons where the blows keep coming.  There hasn't been much of a respite for a while.  I truly believe that when you step into your glory and walk closer to true freedom, the enemy will step it up.  As I get closer to my calling, the heat has been turned up on my confidence and faith. When I reflect on times in my past where the pain has felt unbearable, I remember that the heat is always turned up the highest before a huge blessing unfolds.  I am trying to hang onto that memory to sustain me in this current valley.

If you're familiar at all with the story of our move back in September and all the miracles that took place  during that time, then you may remember the verse I clung to back then.  When I was in the midst of despair and losing hope that we'd ever have a happy ending, God did more than we could have ever asked or imagined. (Eph. 3:20)  At this juncture I'm feeling the same way.  And, like back in September, I have had a new verse show up time and time again. It's on the picture at the beginning of this post.  I hope that very soon I will be on the other side of this and can look back and rejoice over how yet another one of His promises to me has come true. Clinging to hope.

COMMENTS: »