Looking back on 2012

Saturday, December 29, 2012




It's time for my 20 Questions for 2012. It was a good year of growth, celebration and making memories.  I love looking back and seeing how God has stretched me, provided for me and never stopped challenging me  to trust, love and embrace this life he has blessed me with.  Here's to 2013!!

1.) What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before?
Drove Hwy 101 through Northern California

2.) Did you keep any New Year's resolutions and will you make more this year?
Yes, to let go of the past and focus on the future. For the coming year it is to be kind to myself.

3.) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Emily Miley and her husband welcomed Henri in February.  I babysat Emily when I was in high school and their family lived next door.  We have stayed in touch all these years. Also, my cousin Natalie and her husband Todd welcomed their daughter, Phoebe Lynn on December 15th.

4.) Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5.) What places did you visit?
Alta Lake, WA; Greenville, SC; Charlotte, NC;  Crescent City, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz & San Francisco, CA; Denver & Boulder, CO

6.) What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
sleep

7.) What date from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Two dates: August 1st-our 20th anniversary & September 16th-moving day

8.) What was your biggest achievement this year and why?
Surviving spring quarter: 16 credits, 3 kids in 3 schools in 3 sports and a traveling husband.

9.) Did you suffer illness or injury?
A little bout with stomach pain in August that resulted in no diagnosis.

10.) What was the best thing you bought?
Our new old home.

11.) Where did most of your money go?
Car repairs!

12.) What song will always remind you of 2011?
Steady My Heart by Kari Jobe

13.) What do you wish you would have done more of?
All of those ideas I posted on Pinterest.

14.) What do you wish you would have done less of?
Stewed over stupid stuff.

15.) What was your favorite TV program?
Dancing with the Stars

16.) What was the best book you read?
Loving by Karen Kingsbury

17.) What was your favorite film of the year?
Trouble with the Curve—Clint Eastwood & Amy Adams. I love baseball movies.

18.) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Had 8 of my wonderful girlfriends over who make me laugh and celebrated together with food, drink and a super fun board game.  I turned 45.

19.) What national/world event stirred you the most?
Presidential election—and not in a good way.

20.) Who was the best new person you met?
Tracy Olney.  A football mom who I spent a lot of time with in the fall making team dinners.  I enjoyed her company immensely and was impressed with her organization skills and passion and dedication to our high school community.

COMMENTS: »