Checking off the Bucket List

Sunday, July 29, 2012

We just returned from our 9 day California road trip and although I am dying to write a post about that, I figured I should probably go in order of the items I am checking off the bucket list.  

Earlier this month, Quinn had a two-day kicking camp in Seattle just miles from my sister's house.  Fortunately for us, my brother-in-law is a huge fisherman who loves to crab and has the routine down pat.  And he really loves to take friends and family out on his boat and once he knew we were staying with them, he went out into the Sound and put 4 pots in. When we arrived that night, we were barely out of the car and he and my nephew whisked us away to the marina.  It was one of those beautiful Seattle summer evenings straight out of Sunset magazine.  Sailboats surrounded us and we motored out to the buoys.

Captain Parker takes us out to check out bounty.

The first Dungeness we kept.

Uncle Brian shows off our first pot.  12 crabs!
We got skunked on the second pot but the other two were full and we ended up with the maximum limit each for a total of 20 crabs. 





COMMENTS: »