Boys' Only Weekend

Monday, September 6, 2010


Ahhhh....Labor Day Weekend. The holiday weekend I look forward to every year. All four of my boys take off on their "boys only" adventure of which I am not invited. It's one invitation list I am happy to be omitted from. Waking up with no agenda. Cleaning the house and having it stay clean. Nothing required of me for 4 whole days. I can't think of a more fitting way to end the summer and begin the school year.

Tonight when I downloaded the pictures from the camera, I was anticipating snapshots of their mountain biking adventure. Apparently they were having too much fun trying to keep up with each other on the trails to stop and take a silly picture or two. Instead there were only 8 shots and half of them were of Quinn & Ian hoisting Ben up into the nets reserved for keeping food away from the bears in the campground. Clearly this was a highlight. Ben, you are such a good sport.

Are these some colorful clothes (and priceless expressions) or what?

Too cool for words.

Will they let him down?

According to everyone, "Ben really liked this."

A river that literally disappeared into a mysterious hole. Hmmmm.

2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Boys' Only Weekend”

lacey said...

What a great guy trip and an enviable tradition!! The pics of Ben in the bear sacks are priceless!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness I'm laughing so hard! First at that very unique outfit of Ben's! And second him inside the netting dangling above the earth, ahhh the life of boys!