Update

Monday, January 26, 2009

When it rains it pours. Feast or famine. It's one extreme or the other. Everything happens at once. All of these commonly used phrases describe what life has been like since I last posted. When I logged on and saw my last post was on January 6th, I knew a tornado hit. The aftermath is finally beginning to show some calm before the next storm. And there always seems to be one brewing.

In the past 21 days the following circumstances have occurred:

  • Trey decided to apply to MBA school and start studying for the GMAT.
  • We interviewed realtors and prepared to put our house on the market.
  • My company rolled out a new product line of which I was primarily responsible for R & D, marketing and selling.
  • Two of my closest friends were unexpectedly rushed to the hospital with life threatening situations.
  • Trey started a new job.
  • We listed our house for sale.
  • My good friend turned 40 and I committed to making a photo montage video of her life along with planning the birthday dinner.

Oh, and somewhere in the middle of all this I have three children who are feeling the emotional instability of their mom being checked out and stressed out. So if I haven't been a good friend lately this is why. Talking on the phone and replying to emails are simply a luxury I can't afford right now. I hope this is short-lived. I know it's a season but not one I hope to see repeated over and over.

1 Comment »

One Response to “Update”

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Praying for you right now Dana, that God would be very present in all of this that surrounds you. Thanks for the update and much love to you!